Happy New Year!
2014 was an amazing year. I feel incredibly blessed to have had the chance to start so many new adventures – from moving overseas with my own family to exploring the world around us to starting this blog. Thank you so much for joining us on this journey and your wonderful words of encouragement along the way! I am humbled by the response I have received and energized to continue taking this project to new levels.
I can’t begin to imagine the peaks and valleys that 2015 will hold, but I do know that Troy, E and I look forward to every opportunity and challenge that will come our way.
I’m excited about the trips we have planned but also digging deeper into the community we have here in London. And I can’t wait to try out new topics and expand the reach of the website. Here’s what is in store for Growing Up Global in 2015:
- Stories. We will continue sharing our day-to-day adventures and learnings to not only share life’s highlights (and lowlights?) with family and friends but to also continue providing a glimpse into life as an expat in London. We love this journey, and hope to get more people excited about the opportunities of living overseas!
- Trips. Growing Up Global will continue to be filled with holiday reviews and cultural excursions. Half the fun of being based in Europe is the proximity to so many different countries and cultures. Just another way of broadening our understanding of the world and having a little fun while we’re at it! Maybe you’ll even incorporate some of these great trips into your European adventures!
- Resources. This category will be new this year. From the beginning, the goal for Growing Up Global was to first and foremost be a resource to others. Whether finding comfort in stories of someone else who has done this journey before or a desire to learn more about what it is to be a TCK or expat, I want to acknowledge the work, the sometimes difficult decisions, and amazing world that is at our disposal.
- With so many friends who have also embarked on similar journeys at my fingertips (and eager to share their stories!), I can’t wait to hand over the keyboard, so to say, and let them voice their thoughts and insights to all of you throughout the year!
- I will be more intentional about gathering websites, book recommendations and TCK/expat resources to pass along.
- AND, as a number of you have reached out with questions about making the move to London (keep them coming! We’re excited so many of you have been presented with this opportunity!!), my dear husband has agreed to publish some of the resources and documents he used as we discussed and evaluated this move amongst ourselves and with his company!
Look for resource updates as I come across interesting items and weekly posts this year. Thank you again for joining me on this journey – keep your suggestions and comments coming in 2015, and I’ll do my best to provide relevant and interesting content for you all!
Much love and best wishes for the new year!